Thursday, March 03, 2005

Amazon.com: Books: The Case For Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror

Amazon.com: Books: The Case For Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror

Ok. This is one I have been wanting to get off my chest for awhile.
There is a book by Natan Shcharansky called "The Case For Democracy: The Power of Freedom to Overcome Tyranny and Terror". This is a book that I recommend for everyone. I don't care what your political leanings are, and neither did the author. As he put it, "it is not about right or left, it is about right and wrong." Powerful stuff. The author spent nine years in the Soviet Gulag for being a dissident. Since then he has been a member of Israel Knesset for several years. He has some interesting insights into the nature of totalitarian systems and the way they interact with democratic systems. Or as he puts it, Fear societies vs. Free societies. Give it a read and let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I've heard great things about that book. I'll have to get a copy soon... Maybe yours, Harles. ;)

9:46 PM, March 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home